Here are more game-based learning resources in anticipation of our March 21st #engchat on Gamification in the Language Arts Classroom.
- Bibliobouts – team-based citation and media-literacy game.
- “Could BiblioBouts, an online sourcing game for academia, offer lessons for media literacy?” – a Nieman Journalism Lab write-up of Bibliobouts.
- An Edutopia write-up of last year’s Games for Change festival.
- “Games are lessons, just less fun” – a post from Dean Groom on tapping into students’ functional literacies from games.
- Globaloria – a social network for web-based Flash game development; looks like it’s aimed at states, divisions, and schools ready to develop their own materials
- Learning Games Network – an effort to connect teachers and developers in making and using quality games for learning.
- Star Logo TNG – a 3D Scratch?
- Two takes on Jane McGonigal’s Reality is Broken, one more optimistic than the other.
And here’s the classic end-credits song from Portal, “Still Alive,” just because. Why not ask kids to write songs about failing forward from the POV of video game characters, those brave denizens of digital purgatory?